Monday 21 July 2014

book work, week 2: conventions

My note taking from Mondays class.
Plan,sections,elevation and perspective.

We practiced plan drawing first then sections then elevation learning about what each of them are and we were shown examples of each of them including perspective.

In this plan sketch we were told that the top of the room was "cut off" and we had to draw from a birds eye view, starting with the bigger objects then moving into detail. In this exercise we passed our books down the table and drew in somebody else's book combining our individual sketch styles.We learnt how to shows doors and which way they open and where to add thickness to walls and thin lines where a window would be. 

This one we had to draw our bedroom, this one was more personal than the first one because the detail was different as it was our own space with our own belongings. I made the walls thicker in this sketch and the windows light. I could have added more detail at the time.
This sketch was a section sketch. Instead of the roof being cut off it was the wall, we drew the room from a side on view making the concrete floor and roof darker and thicker, drawing the people was difficult as we had to add detail but not forget to leave enough room for the rest of the people down the table. This exercise we also passed our books down the table, one of the people that had my book used a blue pen, this showed me that persons individual contribution to my sketch and what the thought they could add to it and what they thought was important to add which was good for me to see. 
This one I didn't understand as fast as the other two but i caught on near the end of the exercise. it was harder to draw without a table to lean on (I'll blame my bad drawing on that...) basically what i got from this was that we were drawing exactly what we saw in front of us as a 2D image

No comments:

Post a Comment